Autumn arrived overnight in Florence, and we’ve been coming up with ways to stay warm without any heat in the apartment. Four wool blankets, wine, and lots of spicy chai tea lattes seem to be the solution. (a little light reading + chai)
- Black Peppercorns
- Black Tea
- Grind shelled cardamom, black peppercorns, cloves, and cinnamon together. As you can imagine my apartment didn’t come with a mortar and pestle, so I just put them in a small bag and smash them with a pan–brilliant, right?
- Combine milk and spices in a saucepan and heat until boiling.
- Turn off burner and cover milk. Let it steep for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile make your black tea in a separate pot.
- Strain spices from milk mixture and combine with black tea.
- Add honey as desired.